6.11.2013

NYX Nude Matte Eyeshadow in Bare My Soul

Hello y'all! This will be a quick one. I had almost forgotten to post today. I've been busy. My whole family has been busy. Kids have school, adults have work, and my grandmother is having surgery tomorrow and I go to her house often to keep her company, since I am the oldest grandchild and the only one on vacation. Today, I wanted to share my thoughts on the only NYX eyeshadow I have ever tried. I've never tried any of their regular eyeshadows, but their nude matte shadows sure did catch my attention when it was released. 

I have the shade Bare My Soul, which is a brown taupe. Its got a neutral undertone, I have no idea why some of the pictures I shot make it look like a warm taupe. But I assure you, it is very neutral and the most accurate photo I've got here is the swatch on my arm there. Also, when I first saw it, I didn't notice any shimmer, but when I got home, I saw the tiniest little micro shimmer in there. When swatched on the finger and on the arm, it's undetectable, but I found it odd that I saw it in the pan. I use this shade to fill in my brows. It's great for filling in sparse areas. I also use this alone just one the outer corners when I don't know what eyeshadow look to do sometimes. It's quite a versatile little thing. But I do mostly like it for the brows. 
I feel like it's not too harsh and gives just the right amount of color I want added to my already thick black haired eyebrows. I've had it for about a year and I've made quite a dent in it. It's so deep, it may just well be a swimming pool for baby ants. However, I am very surprised that I have yet to hit pan. It has a very soft texture, but, BUT, when I swatch it, it takes a bit of building up. Although soft, I sure do wish that the color payoff was better on the first swatch. Either way, I still like using this product, but I definitely don't see myself running to the store and buying another one when I run out.


Until Next Time,
-Justine

No comments:

Post a Comment