11.26.2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows (Review & Swatches)

Hello! This is a bit overdue but who cares? I got these around the end of August and I've been meaning to share my thoughts on them. They are the Maybelline Color Tattoos and sadly, these are the limited edition ones that came out for fall with the exception of Audacious Asphalt. I never wanted Audacious Asphalt but I originally thought it was part of the collection. I already knew it was part of the permanent line but it was on the display when I bought Mossy Green, Barely Beige, and . It was so silly of me not to check. Then I went on a crazy hunt for Rich Mahogany and I went to 5 different drugstores for it and I'm so glad I did because it's so beautiful!


Ok, so here are the shade breakdowns:
  • Barely Beige - You might have already heard of a few bloggers or youtubers that have raved about this particular shade. It's a light beige champagne. It's very pretty. I prefer using it on the inner corners or as a browbone highlight. I have tried it all over the lids as a base and it was alright. I don't prefer using it that way. I might have to play around with it a bit more. Also, the texture of this specific one wasn't the softest but when used alone all over the lids, it does stay on quite well even without a primer. 
  • Gold Shimmer - In my eyes, I see this more as a bronze than gold. But nevertheless, it's a beautiful shade. I was afraid that it would make my eyes look tired because it's such a warm toned color. But this is really nice. I like it as a base and on it's own. The texture of this was really nice and it swatches and applies so smoothly. It last a while but it can crease by the ten hour mark. 
  • Mossy Green - This one is exactly as it says on the name. It's a mossy green. I love this color. I think this type of green could still be considered as a 'neutral color'. It's very subtle and it's very nice for fall. I love placing this all over the lids and just apply a dark brown color in the crease and outer corners. It's a beautiful mix. The formula of this shade is alright. It can come off patchy at times but it's not bad. It's still definitely workable. 
  • Audacious Asphalt - A gunmetal grey is how I would describe this. I haven't been reaching for this too often but I have found that putting neutrals eyeshadows over makes it more wearable. I like the texture of this one which is quite similar to the texture of Gold Shimmer when swatched on the hand. Swatches beautifully. But not as blendable once on the lids and I assume it's due to the fact that it dries easily.
  • Rich Mahogany - Boy, am I glad that I went on a search for this. It's my favorite out of all I have. I love them all but I've been reaching for this one the most. Like the name, it's a deep mahogany shade. It's so beautiful. I like to wear it all over the lids alone and throw on some mascara and I'm good to go. The texture of this is similar to Mossy Green, so it can be patchy. However, for some reason, this one is really smooth the smoothest one out of the bunch. 

So those are all the shades I own. I honestly don't plan on buying anymore for a while unless they release some neutrals without shimmer. I hope they do soon because I recently had a random dream that they did. Maybelline released a nice range of colors and I am so sad that these are limited edition. I hope they make them permanent. We should all e-mail them and tell them that we want them to be permanent! Lol ;) I'm happy with these. They don't crease easily but would they really last for 24 hours? I'm planning to test them out for 24 hours one day. So I'll definitely do a post or a video if I end up doing so.
L-R: Rich Mahogany, Barely Beige, Gold Shimmer, Mossy Green, Audacious Asphalt
These are the LE Color Tattoos released for the fall.
Have you tried any of the Maybelline Color Tattoos? Which ones do you recommend? Which ones are your favorites? I would love to know for future references! :D

Until Next Time,
-Justine

1 comment:

  1. They all look great! I've been wanting a few of the Color Tattoos for some time now. I should get some soon.

    ReplyDelete