10.29.2012

Urban Outfitters - Sea Dust

Hello lovely readers! A couple of months ago, I already had my heart set on splurging on a Deborah Lippmann nail polish and the one I had my eyes on was Mermaid's Dream. It wasn't until I saw a nail polish haul video of Jen's when I changed my mind and my wallet became happier. She talked about this dupe from Urban Outfitters called Sea Dust. I did not even know Urban Outfitters sold their own brand nail polish. Anyway, I then saw a video from Danica and she was talking about the same nail polish as well. The day after that, my parents took my sister and me to a mall that had an Urban Outfitters and it was fate! Lol :) I bought it. I've already had a chance to wear it as well and I am here to share my two cents on this nail polish.
 Packaging was cute. Practical. I don't have any cube shaped bottles of nail polish yet, so this was a first.
 Sea Dust a a sea foam shimmer polish with turquoise glitter. The glitter is loose and it's everywhere. Therefore, when applied, it gives a beautiful effect. It's what makes this polish, along with DL's Mermaid's Dream, a very unique shade. It was difficult to capture its beauty on camera. With or without flash just won't do any just for my eyes. So I did the best I can do.
 The biggest downside is the wear. It only lasted 3 days on me. Exactly three days. After the third day, there was horrible chipping. The nail polish even started PEELING off. Yes, peeling. It was horrible. One of the worst formulas of all time. The swatches you see was 2 coats. I was satisfied with two coats. A third one will probably add more intensity but two coats is totally okay. To be honest, I didn't like how the shade looked on me at first. It looked tacky but once I got used to it, I loved the shade.
Although it's one of the worst formulas of all time, I do still like the shade. I don't want to say that you get what you pay for with this polish because it's not cheap. Each nail polish is normally $5 but you can get 2 for $8. I got 2 polishes for $8 because I wanted to try more than one just in case the performances of each polish is different. But they're the same. I'm assuming most Urban Outfitters brand nail polish only last for 3 days. I will try to purchase some other colors just to make sure but as for now, take my word for it. There are nail polishes you can purchase at Claire's for $5 that last much longer than this. 
Overall, regardless the staying power and the formula, the shade is still nice. It's still better than splurging. If you don't want to spend $18 on Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream, I suggest giving this one a try. I found an excellent blogger who does a comparison with the Deborah Lippmann polish alongside the Urban Outfitters one which you can find HERE. You can purchases Sea Dust at any Urban Outfitters store or online HERE along with many other possible Deborah Lippmann dupes ;)


Until Next Time,
-Justine

No comments:

Post a Comment