8.07.2012

HUGE ELF HAUL

So I thought it would be interesting to share with you what I hauled when ELF was having 50% off their whole site for their anniversary sale. I have already done a video about this but I thought I should go a tiny bit more in depth in a blog post :)
So I got a bunch of cream eyeliners. I seriously don't know what I was thinking. I got the shades, coffee, metallic olive, gunmetal, black, midnight, teal tease and punk purple. The only shades that I won't use on an everyday basis is punk purple and teal tease. The other shade, I bought for everyday use. My only concern now is, since I bought them all at once, will they dry out faster even if I don't open them? I'll probably open two at a time. Also, I've seen mixed reviews about these and if these don't end up working out for me, I guess I can use them as eyeshadow bases right? Anywho, I'm kind of excited :D
 I also got the Natural Lash Kit. I wanted to try it out and for fifty cents, hey, why not? The lash band looks a bit too thick for my liking though. I also purchased the Matte Top Coat because I have been wanting to try a matte top coat. The Hard Candy one is always sold out at the Walmart near me and this ELF one was only a buck. I plan to use this with a specific nail polish, which is why I bought it and I may just do a Mani Monday on it ;) I also got 2 of there Essential Lipsticks. Right after I bought these, I watched a video saying they suck. Well, I am looking forward to sharing my opinions soon because I've already tested them out. I also got two eyelid primers. I'm a fan of the original one which is the sheer one and I got another one of those. I did a review on both of these already and link will be HERE ;D I got a Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal, I believe. I haven't tried it out, as a matter of fact, I'll probably try it out tonight when I go out. I also got an All Over Color Stick in Spotlight because I've always been curious about this, so we'll see how that works out.
 And of course I had to pick up some lip products from their studio line. I got a Studio Lip Balm with SPF 15 in the shade Rose and I've tried this out already and a review is coming up. I also purchased four of the Matte Lip Colors in the shades Rich Red, Coral, Natural and Nicely Nude. I've always wanted to try these out ever since last year but never really made myself get one. I tried the shade natural so far and it's pretty nice. I have yet to test the rest of them out. I also got three of the Glossy Glosses in the shades Wild Watermelon, Merry Cherry, and Funky Fuchsia. I haven't had the chance to try these out yet either but I've heard good things. And the last lip product I have here is the Condition Lip Balm with SPF 15 in the shade Mellow Melon. I've tried this out already and I'm enjoying it. I may do a review on it soon :) Props to ELF for having SPF in their lip products. I don't really see many companies do that and I wish more of them would. It's greatly appreciated.
Okay, I also got some face products from their Studio Line. I got two blushes in the shades Pink Passion and Gotta Glow. I reviewed these already here. I also got something from their new Baked line. I got the Baked Blush in Pinktastic and I have been really enjoying this. Review of that will be here. And I also got their Golden Bronzer and I have been enjoying this product as well. I've reviewed and swatched this product in this post already. And the last thing in this picture is the Studio Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter. I haven't had the chance to try this out yet because I'm trying to get much use of other concealer first. 
I also got some of their new cool miscellaneous things. Like the Makeup Lock & Seal. I'm still learning how this product works and I'm confused. Do you use the brush to mix the product with the eyeshadow or blush? Because the brush is awfully small for blush. Or is this products strictly for pigments? Because it doesn't say that. Anyway, it's been getting good reviews and I wanted to give it a shot. I also got the Mascara Primer. This isn't really new but since I've actually been enjoying the Dior sample one I got, I wanted to see if this one is just as good. I also tried the new makeup remover pen. I've also seen good reviews about this and I actually haven't tried it yet. I keep forgetting to put it in my purse! And lastly, I got the High Definition Undereye Setting Powder. I was actually watching a video today saying that it had shimmer and the person wouldn't use it for under the eyes. Well, I haven't had the chance to try it but I will make sure to use it under the eye just to see if the shimmer looks awfully noticeable or if it just leaves a nice sheen. Again, this product has been getting good reviews which is the reason I picked it up.
I also purchased some brushes and I didn't get the chance to take pictures of them because, well, I forgot! I actually washed them right away and used them which is probably why I had forgotten about them. But I plan to do reviews on some of them, especially the new ones that they just came out with.

Here's the video:

Here's what my little table looked like after filming this video! 
I hope you guys enjoyed this haul. And maybe you read the whole thing. If people actually read what I type. Sometimes I feel like I'm writing for no one but me but oh well. It keeps my mind of things. I'm so glad to have time to do a post today. It was relaxing to me believe it or not. 

Until Next Time,
-Justine

6 comments:

  1. Don't worry, I'm positive you have lurkers like me :) haha. I enjoy your posts, and I agree, sometimes just writing about your day can take a load off your shoulders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Jessica <3 I'm glad to know someone out there can relate to me :)

      Delete
  2. love your blog! im a new follower and would love if you followed back?:) xx

    www.themake-upcounter.blogspot.co.uk :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much e.l.f. o.o *stares at it all* Sadly, I wasn't lucky when I tried their Studio Blushes, but hopefully they work better for you!

    [I also nominated you for the LIebster Blog Award! http://mieumakeup.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-blog-award.html]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You got so much! Very jealous! I'm loving your blog and have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award, take a look here http://daniduffy-makeup.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/liebster-blog-award-what-honour.html#.UCz9UaB0jHI

    ReplyDelete