6.13.2013

Red & Nude Drugstore Lipsticks

Hello fellow homo sapiens! In this post, I wanted to share with you the top red and nude drugstore lipstick that I would highly recommend, especially if you are new to makeup. Why no hot pink? I may just dedicate a whole post about my favorite hot pink lip products ;) Although, I'm pretty sure anyone who might read this will be someone who already knows a lot about makeup, I thought it would be fun to share something that isn't a review :)

Milani Nude Creme - I just did a review on this recently. Gorgeous peachy nude. It's awesome. Smells great. The smell is quite strong. While, I was taking the picture below, all I could smell was the sweet scent of this lipstick. I think those who are looking for a nude color that would not wash them out would adore this shade.
NYC Sheer Red - Mine is pretty beat up. I think I need a new one. I've been using this for years! It was the best red lipstick I used for dancing competitions back in high school. Despite its name, it's not necessarily sheer, although it can be easily sheered out. It also doesn't stain as dramatically as most red lipsticks do. It's perfect for those who are starting out to play with red lipsticks, or if you want a red drugstore lipstick, this one is the one I recommend.
Covergirl Hot - This is also another discovery from my high school days. During a performance, someone was doing my makeup and red lipstick was necessary. This is what was used on me, and I was so impressed considering I was never a fan of Covergirl makeup. The thing I loved most about this one is that it stained my lips. It stained my lips for quite a long time and some may find that a deal breaker but not for me. I love waking up like a yellow asian snow white :) It glides so smoothly on the lips and it's awesome for a pin-up look.
Revlon Mauve it Over - This was my MLBB color a couple of years ago, and although it's not anymore, it still holds a special place in my heart. I love that this is matte, but it does not dry out my lips in the slightest. I recommend this shade for everyone. I believe it will suit all skin tones and you may just find yourself using it everyday. Run to the store and check these out. Revlon hardly fails me with their lipsticks. Not only do I recommend this shade, but I recommend checking out their whole matte lipstick line. There's something in there for everyone.
I hope you enjoyed this post. It was different for me. Have you tried these out? Any recommendations for me? I love lipsticks especially if they are less than $10 ;D

Until Next Time,
-Justine

2 comments:

  1. Great picks! I've just been getting into lipstick and am just figuring out what looks good on me. I really, really love matte finishes, so that entire Revlon line is right up my alley. Do you have any other favorite colors from there that you'd recommend?

    ♥ Em from Mascara Warrior

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite it apparently Mauve it Over, but other than that, the other shade from Revlon's matte line that I would recommend is the shade Really Red. Those two are the only ones I've tried. Hope I helped :)

      Delete